***Re-blog from Wintery Knight. Obviously a hat tip to WK. This was a very interesting article, especially for the people I know that have considered getting married and looking at traditional roles. It is a new world we live in. (Im enjoying the weekend and I didnt feel like writing). ***
So, I’ve noticed that many men who are interested in marriage have been running into problems with their plans. One challenge is the problem of the financial costs of marriage. In order to undertake a marriage enterprise, men have to believe that they can pay the bills. And this is especially challenging to men who want a stay-at-home wife to raise their children.
*Please note that I am talking about unmarried (never married, divorced) women throughout this post.
Here’s my argument for why I think that feminism has made it harder for men to afford to get married:
- Feminism caused no-fault divorce.
- No-fault divorce laws led to more frequent divorces.
- Divorced women turn to government for financial support.
- Taxes increase in order to pay for more government spending.
- Men who were interested in marriage were hit with higher taxes, which made marriage enterprise financially unfeasible for them.
View original post 1,375 more words